What is Care Companion – Healthy Pregnancy?
Using the My Health Online mobile app, Care Companion – Healthy Pregnancy is designed for expectant patients with low-risk pregnancies. It focuses on the delivery of timely education throughout the course of a patient’s pregnancy, including education points regarding baby’s growth, healthy eating and exercise, and preparing for labor and delivery. The interactive care plan also allows providers to send questionnaires as ad hoc tasks to gather information or if there are other areas of concern.
How can I enroll myself in Care Companion – Healthy Pregnancy?
The care plan is available for patients with an active pregnancy episode and estimated due date recorded in their chart. The provider can order the care plan on behalf of the patient, or, when the patient logs in to the My Health Online app, they see an enrollment workflow that asks whether they want to receive updates about their pregnancy. If the patient opts in, pregnancy updates are also shared with family members or caregivers who have access to the patient's record so that those people also receive notifications each week.
My care team has assigned me the Pregnancy Care Plan. Where do I find the tasks I’m supposed to do?
Be sure you have downloaded the My Health Online app from the Apple App store or Google Play store. If you have push notifications enabled, you will be alerted on your lock screen when you have new items to complete. When logged into My Health Online, the tasks will appear in the To Do area of the My Health Online app.
How do I complete the tasks that are assigned to me?
- Education tasks. Tap the task to review the educational materials, which might include a text handout or a link to additional content. Use the I Understand or I Have Questions buttons to express your understanding of the material. Tap I Have Questions to send any questions you have to a member of your care team.
- General tasks. After you finish a general task, such as taking your daily multivitamin or exercising for 30 minutes, mark it complete by tapping the green checkmark. If you did not complete a task, tap the red "X".
How will I receive notifications of my new tasks?
To make sure your care plan works with your schedule, you can choose when you receive notifications for tasks assigned to you and whether notifications are sent for each task or all tasks at once.
- Open the To Do activity, tap Options at the top of the screen, and select Manage To Do Reminders.
- If you want to change how you receive notifications from the My Health Online
app for tasks that are due, in the How Often? section:
- Select When My Tasks Are Due to receive an individual notification when each task is due.
- Select Only Once Daily to receive one combined notification for all of the tasks that are due each day.
- If you want to change what time you receive notifications throughout the day, tap Manage Reminder Schedule. You can set times to receive reminders for tasks that are due in the Morning, Midday, Evening, Bedtime and By End of Day.
How can I view my progress?
You can view progress towards your task completion by tapping the Progress tab at the bottom of the To Do activity. From here, you can view the number of tasks completed out of the number assigned for each task type and an overall percentage of your task completion. Use the buttons at the top to view data for the last 7 days, 30 days, or 90 days at a time.
When I clicked one of the topics in Care Companion, it gives me a message about leaving the page I’m on, is that ok?
Yes, you can press Continue to launch the website. You can then use the back arrow to return to My Health Online.
Why do I keep getting a message asking me if I want to DELETE RESPONSES?
Either you haven’t yet selected a response and you’re leaving the screen, or your responses haven’t been submitted. Make sure you select a response and press Continue and Submit.
How do I unenroll if I no longer wish to participate?
If you decide you no longer want to participate in your assigned care plan, it is possible to unenroll and remove the care plan from your My Health Online account. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Using the My Health Online app, navigate to the home screen and select
- In the My Record section, select Questionnaires. Within that menu you will see an optional questionnaire; Unenroll from MHO Care Plan. Select the questionniare and complete the two required questions and submit.
- You will be routed back to the Questionnaires menu where you will see the unenroll questionnaire still available to you, however if you select it again, you will receive an error stating you have no questions to answer.
- Once you log out and log back in to My Health Online, all tasks will be removed and you will no longer have access to any of the materials associated with the care plan. Please note that past tasks will still show in the progress section.