How do I enable screen-reader mode?
A screen reader is an assistive technology software program that enables people with visual impairments to read text on a screen and identify graphics, buttons and icons on their computer. The program relays information about what appears on a screen and also allows a person to use special keyboard commands to navigate rather than a mouse. To use this technology, you need to have a screen-reader program installed on your device.
- Microsoft Windows: Narrator
- Apple Inc./Mac® OS X: VoiceOver
- ZoomText Magnifier/Reader - Check your browser help documentation for specific capabilities
Why can't I open or delete my messages while using a screen reader?
We recommend that you use Firefox or Google Chrome for an optimal experience. If you experience issues accessing or deleting your messages using JAWS with Internet Explorer, please try the following two keystroke options:
- Option 1 — Use Ctrl + Space + Enter after placing focus on each message to access your messages
- Option 2 — Turn off the virtual cursor mode by using Insert + Z and then use space as normal to access your messages
MyChart® licensed from Epic Systems Corporation, © 1999 - 2013.
Protected by U.S. patents. For details, visit www.epic.com/patents.
MyChart®, Epic®, Powered by Epic™ and the MyChart logo are trademarks of Epic Systems Corporation.